Ok so I’ve done nothing but complain about the human experience lately but let me be clear, I do realise that shit could be worse. I am, in fact, a very lucky girl. All the trials and tribulations of my twenties are just a normal part of the privileged life many of us are fortunate enough to be living.
With that in mind I’m trying to focus on the positives this week. And while all the big parts of my life are looking as bleak as the Northern Irish summer, I’m trying to find smiles in the very little things:
- Driving home from work yesterday with a view of the brightest rainbow I’ve ever seen
- Early nights (and sleep in general)
- Avocado toast
- My delectable Max Benjamin Coffee & Cardamom candle
- Puzzle books
- Clean bed sheets
- New shoes
- Fleetwood Mac
- Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar & ID magazine
- Hot chocolate
- Good eyebrows
- Dwarf hamsters. So. Fucking. Cute.
- Starry nights
- Champagne cocktails
There’s plenty to smile about (metaphorically of course – I suffer from chronic bitch face). What’s on your list?
Image via Tumblr